I hadn't planned on writing a blog post today. Instead, I was dead set on thinking about writing a blog post and then being sad about how I didn't have enough time to. I like it when I surprise myself. Here's how I turned up here: Tim let me sleep in (what a love) and when I woke up, he and Beckett were going down, so I picked up my computer to do some grading. My mind is freshest in the AM, especially after extra, brain-restoring sleep. To reward myself for being so smart and even thinking of getting my work done early, I thought I'd look at one little blog. I checked out this happy list here. Having had an unshakable case of the low level blues myself, I appreciated both hearing someone else is in the same boat and seeing what she was doing about it. So, I'm joining in:
- Seeing wild turkey’s in our neighborhood
- Watching families point out said turkeys to excited children
- My almost 10 month old son smiling at nothing in particular
- Sweeping the debris off the entry rug. All other sweeping is for the birds.
- Finishing a batch of papers
- Blue-painted fingernails
- When my husband sees I need a pick up, so he picks me up
- Wearing my heavy coat in not too cold weather and being super toasty.
- Going through a good hair phase again and finally.
- My new song/matra *If you’re feeling bad, do 5 things…
Next week is my birthday and Tim and I are taking a little weekend trip to Wallace, ID. If there are five things worth doing there, I'll share them with you! We have two planned and are winging the other three.